Your account

Secondary navigation

21/09/15 School Council Meeting

By Samantha Smyth, 30 September 2015 – 0 comment

Outdoor toys

  • Timetable agreed and the rules to go with it.
  • School council know it is their responsibility to hand out and collect in the toys and if their class does not support them then their class will miss its turn.
  • Shed will be sorted out this week (now amended to after half term when we can buy the boxes).
  • The timetable will be rolled out after half term for a trial.
  • The rules will be displayed around the shed.

Fundraising

  • Bake off will coast £1 this year but will mean entry to the show stopper challenge and the technical challenge (Decorate a biscuit).
  • Prizes will be given for KS1, KS2 and parents show stoppers and the technical challenge.
  • Certificates will be given at the discretion of the judges.
  • We will write to local bakers to see if they would like to come and help judge with us and perhaps give a short talk about their job.
  • We would like to invite the press to attend our judging as well.We would like to explore the option of selling the school tea towels that other schools do.
  • We would like to get them on sale ASAP.
  • Christmas Jumper day will cost £1All our money this year will be going towards outdoor toys.One event will be held with the money going to charity.

Green DG

  • Councillors will check recycling boxes are being used and emptied properly.
  • Year 5 to continue to empty them.We would like to buy some litter pickers so we can safely get rid of litter on the school grounds.
  • In the summer term we would like growing competitions and a wildlife club.
  • We would like the theme weeks to continue and will decide on the titles next time.
  • We would like the students to do one again but would like different activities in each class.
  • D and T something for nothing competition.

Community

  • We agreed that the governors could share our board so that people could get to know them.
  • They will check that the PSHE letters have gone out.
  • They would like to write to local business to invite them to come to our Christmas enterprise event.

Feedback

Children are all now clear on how to feedback to the class and gather suggestions for the next meeting.

AOB

  • Can we do something for Children in need? Will pass on Spring term PJ day. Will put in our plan.
  • More afterschool clubs. Explained why this is not always possible.
  • Suggested they ask their classes what clubs they would like for next half term and I will pass their ideas on.Eco theme weeks will be decided on next meeting.
  • Big concerns about dogs on the field during school time on and off their leads. Explained what they should do but said as a staff we are also concerned about it.
  • Can we do something about the state of the willow? Pass on.Are we doing a Christmas card like last year? pass on
  • Can we make sure we have costumes for world book day this year again? Will pass on.

Leave a Comment

Unless marked as optional, all fields are required

Categories

Join our mailing list

to receive the latest product news, offers and information from Dean Gibson Catholic Primary School.

We respect your privacy and will never share your information with anyone.

Additional Information

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter